Warren School Board passed the 2021-22 school budget during a special meeting Tuesday.
The budget year actually goes from June 1, 2021-July 31, 2022. Included in the budget this year is about $20 million for construction of the new elementary school and sports arena.
The budget includes:
- Total district teacher salary, operating, debt service: $2,090,450.10, beginning balance; $13,038,920.35 expected revenue; $11,880,061.13, expected expenditures; $3,249,309.32, ending balance.
- Building fund, refunding savings: $17,444,440.17, beginning balance; $6,900,000, revenue; $20,184,519.56, expenditures; $1,159,920.61, ending balance.
- State categorical funds: $259,410.60, beginning balance; $1,354,134, revenue; $1,613,5440.60, expenditures; no ending balance.
- SEACBEC: $420,874.51, beginning balance; $730,500, revenue; $843,875.52, expenditures; $307,498.99, ending balance.
- ABC: $20,133.83, beginning balance; $589,050, revenue; $603,053.31, expenditures; $6,130.52, ending balance.
- Federal: $547,579.98, beginning balance; $7,194,175.51, revenue; $7,741,755.49, expenditures; no ending balance.
- Food service: $5,255.91, beginning balance; $1,196,034.93, revenue; $1,147,015.93, expenditures; $54,274.91, ending balance.
- Grand total: $20,788,145.10, beginning balance; $31,002,814.79, revenue; $44,013,825.54, expenditures; $7,777,134.35, ending balance.
In the only other action, Superintendent Bryan Cornish reviewed a few changes in construction plans. He said the arena was too close to the road so it was moved back 28 feet. The road behind the Multipurpose Facility will be eliminated and turned into a parking lot. Traffic flow patterns around the ABC Center were adjusted.