Hermitage, Arkansas – During the regular monthly meeting of the Hermitage School Board conducted December 14, 2021, the board agreed to the purchase of metal detectors. The purchase did not require board approval but they expressed their agreement to make the buy.
Normal monthly reports were presented including past minutes, financials and the superintendent’s report. Dr. Tucker updated the American Rescue Plan and the status of repairs to the Middle School Building. No change was made in the mask policy.
After conducting an executive session the following actions were taken:
- Hired LaRenia Grundy for remainder of year at current step on schedule with an increase to Master’s level pay once her graduate degree is conferred
- Hired Ginnie Sellers as assistant softball coach
- Hired Elise Wilkerson as paraprofessional at elementary school
- Hired Travis Stanley to transfer to maintenance/custodian staff
- Hired Angelica Pena-Hernandez as custodian ( part- time disinfecting)
- Hired Gwen Huitt as part-time GT coordinator
- Hired Rosalynda Ellis and Ginnie Sellers as prom sponsors
- Hired Jade Huitt for hourly rate of pay for ELL duties
- Accepted resignation of Sydney Kidwell effective 12-17-21 due to relocation
The board then adjourned.