FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Razorback signee Nick Smith Jr., has been named 1 of 5 finalists for the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Trophy for Boys Player of the Year, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced today.
Smith has led North Little Rock HS to a 21-3, a #8 national ranking by MaxPreps and #14 national ranking by ESPN.com. The Charging Wildcats are coming off a 77-45 win at Fort Smith Northside, thanks to a game-high 17 points from Smith, and have three regular-season games remaining, including a home game versus Bryant on Friday (Feb. 18). Smith is averaging over 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists this season.
Smith recently moved to #4 on the Rivals.com Class of 2022 ranking and is now the website’s top-ranked point guard in the nation. Smith is tied for the highest-ranked Arkansas signee ever in the Rivals era, matching 2004 signee Al Jefferson (did not play at Arkansas as he was a first-round NBA draft pick out of high school). Smith is also the highest-ranked, in-state prospect during the Rivals era. (The previous best was Bentonville’s Malik Monk, who was No. 9 overall in 2016.)
Nick Smith Jr. Top Honors:
- 1 of 5 finalists for the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys Player of the Year
- McDonald’s All-American
- Listed as the #3 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft and the top incoming college freshman by ESPN
- On the 25-man Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys Midseason Team
- #3 on the SI99 All-American list
- 4th overall recruit in the nation by Rivals / #1 point guard in the nation
- 5th overall recruit in the nation by 247Sports / #1 combo guard in the nation
- 6th overall recruit in the nation by ESPN / #3 shooting guard in the nation
- 6th overall recruit in the nation by 247Composite / #2 combo guard in the nation