LITTLE ROCK – During the awards luncheon at their 2022 Annual Conference in Little Rock, the Arkansas Economic Developers & Chamber Executives (AEDCE) on Monday, August 29, honored four individuals with the Maria Haley Lifetime Leadership for Economic Development award. Those recognized include Governor Asa Hutchinson, Clifton M. Chitwood, Kirkley Thomas, and Bryan Scoggins. Also receiving awards are Cari G. White, CCE as the Outstanding Chamber Executive, Jon Chadwell, CEcD as the Outstanding Economic Developer, and Bob King as the Volunteer of the Year.
AEDCE awards recognize volunteer and professional economic developers and chamber executives for outstanding achievement demonstrated by significant achievements in his/her community, region, and state over the course of his/her career to include professionalism, experience, training and education, service to AEDCE and the profession.
“We are proud to recognize these excellent leaders from across the state playing a vital role in community and economic development,” said Mallory Darby, president of Arkansas Economic Developers and Chamber Executives. “Recipients of these awards drive and lead development in their respective areas while being proactive to critical workforce needs and advancing community and economic development in transformative ways. Congratulations to this year’s award winners. Thank you for serving our great state of Arkansas!”
“Arkansas is stronger thanks to the dedication and tireless efforts of these individuals,” said Secretary of Commerce Mike Preston. “Each award recipient has put in countless hours to make their individual communities – as well as the state as a whole – great places in which to live and work. All are deserving of these incredible honors, and we are thankful to each one for the many years they have dedicated to economic development within our state.”
- The Honorable Asa Hutchinson, Governor of Arkansas
- Clifton M. Chitwood, President, Mississippi County Economic Development
- Bryan Scoggins, President, Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ret.) – 2021 awardee
- Kirkley Thomas, Vice President of Governmental Affairs, Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (ret.)
- Jon Chadwell, CEcD, Executive Director, Newport Economic Development Commission
- Bob King, Director, Buffalo River Historic Jail & Museum
- Cari G. White, CCE, EVP and COO, Jonesboro Regional Chamber of Commerce