the Bible teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is for all believers, and it is God’s gift to help us to be what we can’t be in our own strength.
It is ironic that today the Baptism of the Holy Spirit divides the body of Christ and is so controversial-in the book of Acts it came upon believers because of their unity! (“being in one accord”)
After reading and rereading Acts chapter 1 verses 4 through 8, three questions came to mind:
- Would Jeses ask disciples to wait for this gift if it wasn’t truly necessary?
- Would Jesus have asked them ALL to wait if it wan’t intended for ALL?
- Would Jesus ask them to wait for the power of the Holy Spirit baptism before going out and ministering if it wasn’t necessary?
There is a new hunger for spirited power in the church today. We live in a world where we desperately need God’s power to work in our lives as we walk by faith.
God promised in His Word that there will be a last day outpouring of the Holy Spirit (Joel 2:28). Every believer can receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Every believer should receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
There are three important reason why every believer should receive the Holy Spirit:
- Jesus commanded His followers to be filled(Acts 1:4,5)
- Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to all believers (John 7:32)
- We desperately need the power He promised (Acts 1:8)
The Lord is ready to fill every born-again man, woman, and child with this dynamic power! Do you and I need the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Yes! We cannot do a heavenly job with earthly powers!