Detailed Financial Reports and Procedures Discussed at Hospital Board Meeting
Members of the Bradley County Medical Center Board met for their September board meeting Thursday, September 23 at the Bruson Medical Complex. The board met a week earlier for the delayed August meeting. Chairman Freddie Mobley presided. The executive report was presented by Leslie Huitt in the absence of CEO Steve Henson. Mrs. Huitt also provided a detailed financial report as she does each month.
To begin the meeting, Mrs. Huitt discussed a meeting recently held by EMR where she asked questions as to what the hospital is doing well and where improvements or corrections are needed. She went over each item with the board and stated that while pay is a factor, it is not the most pressing concern. She also reported on two cases where she received high compliments for the work of hospital staff. Included in her report is that overall hospital usage is up and the expenses to hire travel nurses is up considerably. Mrs. Huitt and Marilyn Johnson updated the board on grant applications and the board approved matching funds as needed.
The board was informed that sales revenues received in September amounted to $119,196.06 and the sales tax funding on hand is $3,494,729.51. Sales tax funding remains strong.
On a motion from Board Member Dr. Joe Wharton and a second, the following medical staff recommendations were approved:
- Dilan Samarawickrama, M.D., RAPA was appointed., RAPA was reappointed
- Miles Ritter, M.D., RAPA was reappointed
- Michael Kendrick, M.D., RAPA was reappointed
- Trace Garner, M.D., Cardiology was reappointed
- April Harris, APRN was reappointed
- Gregory Morris, M.D., RAPA was reappointed
- Jay Hinkle, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was reappointed
- Krishna Nalleballe, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was reappointed
- Sanjeeva R. Onteddu, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was reappointed
- Kelly-Ann Patrice, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was reappointed
- Vishank Shah, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was moved to inactive status
- Margaret Tremwel, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was reappointed
- Mhd Zaghouleh, M.D., ARSAVES by proxy was moved to inactive status
- John Jerius, M.D., Surgery was moved to inactive status
- Scott Akin, M.D., RAPA was moved to inactive status
- Kara Worley, M.D., Ob/GYN was moved to inactive status